Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hi from Mars

(Chicago to Germany
Fri, 11 May 2001)

Hi Dear Eric!

I'm not actually on Mars in case you were a bit
worried but I might as well be, I'm in Chicagø, the
land of big cars. And big hearts. These Americans
aren't so bad even though I like to give them hell and
leave them as often as I can.

I just came back from another trip to India. I've
been here for only two weeks and am so easily adjusted
back. Last year coming back here almost killed me
after so many years in Germany and then India. It's
true I was one step away from death. But of course I
survive all. Even you. :) You aint so bad. And
you really know how to roll your cigarette! I will never
ever forget my time in Germany it was the best in the
whole world (and the toughest). I forgot about my
post-its but it made me smile to remember them. And
I was very very happy to get your e.mail although it
took a bit of time to write back. Those things are
the best in life. People. Experiences. Opening the
heart. bla bla bla.. you know me.


I'm sorry to hear about your teeth. Illness is the
worst of worst. I hope you have recovered well by now.
It' such a strain emotionally to be sick. I still
have a funny picture of you at your desk and I tell
people it's my friend in Frankfurt whom I stayed with
in my never ending trek of staying with people. I am
still homeless but free and happy. I sold my condo
and made enough money to invest it and have some
security while I explore my wings, and work. I
worked all last summer and Fall freelance at EURO RSCG
doing PA and Jr. Producer work. No big desire to do
big jobs. I worked so hard getting my condo ready
for sale, working full time in a job I hadn't done for
4 years in this country and in moving boxes and myself
around, finding a car and family responsibilities and
everything. Not to mention culture shock. It
really was hard. This year it's a piece of cake but
now to find a job.

And....dear Eric of the Eric family singers...... so
happy to hear from you. I hope work is booming for
you and when I have a home I hope you will bring your
tent and sleep in my backyard. Julia too. A little
joke. My connecting flight through Zurich had me
craving to jump off the plane and stay in Europe. In
your house. Hiding from the world of big cars and
refrigerators. I think I will live in Europe again
someday.

I hope your daughter likes the States it is the best
experience in the world to go away to another country.
That is a very nice dad. If she ever needs anything
she can call me. Seriously. I have a cell phone
and am here till the Fall.

I hope you are happy and healthy and I hope to see you
again someday. My feet have wings so look for me.

Love to you,
Milijana

P.S. I have German karma, so many I meet in India.
God wants to torture me for never learning German. My
roommate was a young professional Ballerina who did
Tibetan Yoga poses in a field next to the ashram as
the sun would set. Zehr Gut!

http://girlskirtmission.com/home.htm

No comments: