Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dreaming of Reality

Excuse the spelling this is letter from Serbian speaking "sister" in
Bosnia in it's original form:
-------------------------------
Tue, February 4, 2003

Sai Ram my dear Milijana!

I want to tell you that in my extremely beautiful and spiritual dream of a few days back you came to visit me in my home (Bosnia) and I introduced you to my mom and some other people! You were so happy and cute and spontaneous as you always are and had some food in our kitchen. The dream also had a part (just before you came in!) where I was doing abhisheka to a statue of Shirdi Sai that I really have in my home shrine. But the best part of the dream, the one I felt I really had to share with you, was the poem you wrote and let me read while at my home.

It was a wonderful, very uplifting poem contrasting the spiritual and ordinary human life. It discribed how one, if he/she indentifies him/herself with his worldly desires and limited personality, is bound to face pain and trouble and suffering, whereas if we broaden our perception so that we see that we are all there is, we will only experience joy and bliss and love. There are, my dear sister, no words to describe how beautiful and harmoniuos this poem was, but even more importantly, as I was reading it, I had such strong and beauiful spiritual feelings and felt such easyness and non-attaachment to the material world - I have never ever experienced something like that in my waken state. I was Atma itself and Bliss itself and nothing else, and all that thanks to your dream-poem! I will cherish this exceptional dream for ever, for it showed me clearly that it is indeed the Ultimate Reality that I experienced for a few precious moments, while this waken life is just a dream, turining from time to time into a nightmere for me. The poem was wirtten in Serbian, and when I woke up I could still remember the last verse that read:

"Cega sam se bojala
kad sve sam ja, kad sve sam ja?"

(What was I affraid of
when all is me, when all is me?)

Just because of the rime it sounds much better in Serbian and I jumped out of my bed immidiately to write the dream down in my little dream notebook. It was such an uplifitng experience; I hope in spite of my limited English I was able to convey some of the feeling to you too. Well, no, I am actually sure you'll be able to pick it up with all your sensitivity and receptivity.

Once again, I want to tell you how very happy you made me by making that call and how very excellent the timing was. I had felt so down that day and Swami reassured me through you. I know it was Him who made you call, it was Him who took pity on my desperate state of mind and wanted to chear me up and pour out a new dose of inspiration and courage on my little troubled head. Thank you sooo much! I love you my dear for you are such a beautiful and awaken soul. I thank Swami uses you a lot as an instrument to guide and teach me. I wish I had more opportunity to see you and discuss many of my thoughts and experiences and troubles with you, for I'm sure it would help me.

Now, how are things on your side? What kind of days and nights are passing by this winter when it comes to you? Did you find the funds for your skirt biz? When are you travelling to India? Hope Swami has lots of beautiful experiences and insights in store for you this time and not only while in India.

With all my love and many Sai Rams,
S.

No comments: